Monday, April 23, 2012

39 weeks




So, this post is a few days late.  I really cannot believe my due date is Thursday!!!  It really is the waiting game now-- Baby Girl could come any day!  And I can finally refer to her by her name and no longer as Baby Girl.  ;)

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good.  I still have heartburn, although not as frequently now, and I feel like my bladder has gotten even smaller, which I didn't think was possible.  I'm getting up more times in the middle of the night for bathroom trips.  I'm sleeping better, and I think this is because of my nightly dose of Benadryl (for the PUPPS).  

Contractions and dilating pains have become more frequent, almost a daily occurrence.  Every time I tell Israel I've been having contractions, he stops everything, looks at me and just raises his eyebrows, wondering if this could be the time that might send me to the hospital.  I was wondering if Saturday night might be the night, when we were on our way over to a friend's house and I had just started having contractions.  They continued for about two hours but went away.  Hopefully the little miss will make an appearance this week!!

I think it's safe to say Baby Girl may be at her birth weight and length now, which I really don't have a clue as to what that might be now.  I'm getting so excited to finally meet our daughter and see what she looks like!!  

4 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK ELENA!!!!!
    Waiting to seeing your baby girl soon!!!
    Love
    Marialuisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting anxious to see her, too! Any day now, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!! I think she may end up being a very good little girl and obeying my wishes to wait until Thursday :D

    ReplyDelete