Friday, May 11, 2012

Melt my Heart






Love these two.  Watching the love Israel has for our daughter truly just melts me.  Last night, after we gave Ellie a sponge bath (which she does not like one bit), she was feeling quite traumatized.  After a very long crying fit, Israel took her in his arms in the rocking chair and started making up a story right there on the spot just for her.  Although she has no idea what he's saying, I think she was really comforted by hearing his voice.  She calmed herself down and was soon asleep, but Israel continued to tell his story.  I can't wait for when she is a little older, and I can just see these two making up stories together before bedtime.  I didn't think it was possible to love my husband any more than I already do, but seeing him with our daughter just takes that love to a whole other level.  I'm so thankful for such an amazing man, both as a husband and as the father of our child.  So lucky, so blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww!! Love all of this! You are both forging completely new personae as parents- and I know this new pair of parents is going to be amazing! You both already are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, pal! :) It's the most challenging job in the world and I finally know why, but it's completely worth it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you very much my love. Seeing you with Ellie has also opened an ever deeper dimension of love in my heart for you!!

    ReplyDelete