Saturday, December 22, 2012

May Your Days Be Merry and Bright

Thanks to my very tech savvy husband, I found a way to post pictures again!  Yay!  How is it already almost two days until Christmas?!  December really has flown by.  Here's what we've been up to...

Ellie Bear (my favorite nickname for her that I call her 90% of the time) is continuing to reach all kinds of milestones!  She just started pulling up on her own and loves to stand all the time.  She's constantly smiling, laughing, putting everything into her mouth, crawling and scooting.  Oh, and she never stops moving!  She's definitely keeping Mommy on her toes.  She is one hyper little girl!  Even when she's "winding" down at night, she never stops kicking her legs or bouncing up and down.  Israel and I aren't sure where this little girl gets all her energy from.  She's going to be a determined little first born, that's for sure!  

Although I reached my pre-pregnancy weight a while ago, I had been wanting to trim down a little more (or less?).  I started working really hard after we got back from Indiana by limiting sweets and working out almost every day.  I wasn't sure if it was possible to lose any more weight since I'm breastfeeding, and the body tends to hold onto fat in order to make sure your baby is getting enough!  But it turns out that diet and exercise do actually produce results!  I've been doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred all month and I just found out at my yearly exam that I now weigh what I did on our wedding day!  I'm so excited that I finally fit into my absolute favorite pair of jeans that haven't fit since our honeymoon!  

Israel is done with his first semester at Washburn and is now off for a month!  He did really well this semester and we're both so glad he gets a little break.  It was a pretty crazy time, with being a full time student, working full time and also making time as a husband and father!  We celebrated the end of finals by camping out in our living room and sleeping by our Christmas tree and watching movies.  


Ellie has been sick for over two weeks now with the worst cold ever.  I thought she'd be over it in a week at the most, but she is still dealing with this nasty thing.  Nap time has been awful and night wakings are even more frequent.  In the last couple of days she seems to be getting better (finally!) but I'm just hoping she'll be done with it by Christmas.  Israel also caught her cold and has been sick on and off for the last week or two.  It really is a miracle I haven't gotten sick yet, with Ellie sneezing and rubbing her little nose on me all day!


We had our first snow this week and it was magical.  Ellie and I watched from the window and I loved watching her face light up the first time she saw it.  We turned on the lights on the Christmas tree and listened to Christmas music and had a cozy day inside.




Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Elena, Ellie looks wonderful, with a cold or without it, LOL.
    Merry Christmas to you too, ¡FELIZ NAVIDAD!, lucky you lost all the weight, I dind´t do that then and now......
    Good luck and health for 2013.
    Love from Spain
    Marialuisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marialuisa! Y Feliz Navidad! Hope you have a great year this year with your family. :)

      Delete
  2. GIRL!!!! I LOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEE your white tree so so so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, pal!! I've always wanted a white tree and I was so happy that we could get one this year! It's our first tree together. :) I also used the fabric flower garland from my wedding on the tree!

      Delete