Monday, January 14, 2013

8 months

This post is a little late, now that Ellie is halfway to nine months already!  But better late than never, right?

I keep thinking this as Ellie gets older, but each month is even more fun than the last.  Eight months is definitely my favorite so far.  Ellie is just so much fun.  Her little personality is really coming out, and it's awesome seeing how much character she has.



Although there are definitely challenges, motherhood is wonderful and it gets better every day.   Ellie is quite the ham!  She loves playing games with other people, especially when they tease her.  The other day, we were all laying in our bed and Ellie tickled my toes with her little fingers.  I yelped and jumped a little, and she immediately started cracking up and kept doing it.  She even imitated my little yell each time.

Ellie is quite the charmer and very friendly with almost anyone.  She laughs and smiles easily and is pretty outgoing, unless there are just too many new faces all at once.  We got back from Miami almost a week ago, and she did really well on her first plane ride!  I was a nervous wreck before we left, sure that we would be that family with the screaming baby on the plane.  I brought some new toys with us and we tried to time her naps so that she would just sleep on the flight.  True to our whole time in Miami, Ellie would not sleep without having to nurse so that's we did a lot on the plane.  Ellie loved the whole airport experience though.  She laughed and smiled at everyone we passed by and especially loved our fast sprint to our next flight in Dallas.


She's got two teeth and is still nursing about five times during the day and three or four times throughout the night (although that's mainly for comfort and not hunger).  She is eating purees and definitely has a dislike for the green veggies.  I can't help but laugh when I try and feed her peas or green beans, and she literally cringes when it goes in her mouth and makes the funniest expression.  I would love for her to be able to eat more table food but she hasn't quite grasped the idea of chewing.  She does love her Puffs though!


Although she takes great naps during the day, her sleep habits at night haven't changed.  If anything, they've gotten worse so I'm really not sure what to do there.  She goes down without a fuss at bedtime and is asleep pretty fast, but it's the constant middle of the night wakeups that confuse us.  We did one night of sleep training early in December (which was awful), but then she was sick the next day and held onto her cold for almost three weeks.  And then we left for Miami, and Israel's been sick so we've put off sleep training.  We will probably try it again soon as a last resort.

Ellie is definitely in full crawling mode now, no longer doing the army/zombie crawl.  She can get to places pretty fast so I have to watch her constantly!  She's also pulling up on anything she can get her hands on and loves to stand.  I wouldn't be surprised if she started walking in a couple months.


Ellie has brought us so much joy and I can't believe this sweet little girl is ours.  I'm so lucky to be her mother.

6 comments:

  1. What a cutie! Can't believe they are almost 9 months and that Ellie is pulling up to stand! I don't think I'm ready for that yet. I know our house is not. I love seeing her pictures and reading about you and her. It's crazy how much we love these little humans... and even crazier to know that our God loves us and them even more! That's something I've tried to understand lately. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison! I know, I really can't believe how fast their first year is going!! I have been trying to wrap my head around the same thing lately... I can definitely understand (a bit) how much God loves His children now that I am a parent. Amazing. :) Miss you, too, lady!! How are you and Hadley?

      Delete
  2. Look at her!!!, SHE´S GORGEOUS!!!!
    She´s quite eatable....haha..
    She looks very funny and you look great with her too...oh I miss my daughter living in London now.
    Love
    Marialuisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! She is very kissable! haha :) And she is definitely kissed no less than 1000 times a day! How long has your daughter been living there?

      Delete
  3. Wow, my friend! I kind of thought you hadn't posted in months. Turns out I was three posts behind. She is the CUTEST thing! She looks more like you each and every day. I can't wait to talk to you soon. I love you and Ellie so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks, Tricia! Yeah, my posting these days is very sporadic, but I hope to make it a more regular thing. I love you too, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete