Friday, January 11, 2013

A Very Late Christmas Recap

Our Christmas tree is still up, along with all of our decorations.  My only excuse is that we just got back from a trip a few days ago and we've been dealing with some sickness.  Christmas flew by much too quickly, I can't even believe it's already long over!




We had a lovely Christmas, which was even more special with Ellie around this year.  We spent Christmas Eve at my parents' house, exchanged our Secret Santa gifts, and Ellie went down for a nap while we watched Harry Potter and drank homemade butter beer.  It was quite magical.  On Christmas Day, Israel and I hosted a little brunch at our house and my parents, Renae and Justin, and Bekah came.  Later, we went to my parents' house again and enjoyed the evening with John and Lavina.







Our New Year's Eve was pretty mellow, as to be expected with a tiny baby.  I was also recovering from being sick, so Israel and I spent the evening inside and watched tv while Ellie slept.  At midnight, Israel and I stepped outside for a minute to light some sparklers and fireworks in the snow.  



2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your people Elena.
    I´m with the flu now too....Ellie is gorgeous.
    I´m glad you had a great time, things will be easier now with Ellie, she will walk soon and she will be like a little friend around you all the time. Good luck to all and health always!!
    Marialuisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marialuisa! Happy New Year to you and your family as well. Ellie is at such a fun age right now- it just gets better every month!

      Delete