Thursday, March 7, 2013

10 months

In just a little over two months, my little girl will be ONE YEAR!  Time flies, I tell ya.  Here's what Ellie's been up to this month (or maybe the last two months, since I missed her 9 month update)....


Ellie is so much fun!  Every day we see more of her personality.  She loves to laugh and she definitely knows that she's pretty funny.  At diaper changes now, she twists and turns until she is in crawling position, and I'll let out a little exasperated "Ellie, nooooo," or tell her to stop, and she just cracks up.  Pretty much any time she hears the word "No" she starts giggling.  This could be a problem...


She's crawling fast and furious, standing when holding onto something, cruising, and just started standing unassisted for a few seconds at a time.  It's pretty random when she does this, but when she does she totally knows that she's doing something special-- she'll giggle and inevitably will fall down.  It's pretty much the cutest thing ever.


This little girl is quite expressive!  Ellie makes all kinds of faces, but my favorite one has got to be when she scrunches up her nose like a little old lady and inhales a little bit of air.  It's one of her sassy faces, for sure.  She also will randomly laugh like an evil dictator... I don't even know how to describe it, but it's the most maniacal baby laugh I've ever heard.  And she still growls like E.T.


Sleep has been much better these days, thanks to some light sleep training, lots of consistency and staying on top of wake times/length of time between naps.  Lately she has only been waking up once or twice a night (sooooo much better than three or four times!!).  I actually feel like a more sane person now that we're all getting more sleep.

Ellie has been teething for about a month now, working on her top two teeth, and they have almost broken through.  So she'll soon have four teeth.  Hyland Teething Tablets have been a life saver!!


Nursing is still going well at 10 months, although there have been a couple times in the last two months when I thought we would be coming to an end soon.  This was due to that stomach flu I had in January which pretty much wiped my supply clean for about a week, but thankfully I was able to boost my supply up again.  Since she started crawling and being so active, it's been hard to get to her to sit down and snuggle with me to nurse, but thankfully she's sort of over that now.  I plan to wean her around a year, so I will gradually cutting out some nursing sessions.  Right now she nurses about four times during the day and once at night.


We've been adding in more solids as Ellie has gotten older and she eats three solid meals a day, along with a couple snacks.  Just in the last month, she's been ready for more finger foods and has tried a variety of foods.  Feeding her chicken (cut into teeny tiny pieces) scared me a whole lot, but she's really gotten the hang of chewing and mostly prefers finger food over purees now.

Likes:

-Peas, chicken, cheese, bananas, blueberries, spaghetti
-Playing "Chase"
-Bath time
-Getting her hair combed
-Looking at books
-Peek-a-boo (Now she's the one who covers her face and plays along)
-Playing with the tv remote or our cell phones
-Waving
-Crawling to Papa with a big smile on her face when he comes home from work
-Shoes (ours, not hers)

Dislikes:

-Diaper changes
-Getting her nose cleaned
-When Mommy leaves the room (going through some serious separation anxiety right now)
-Putting on her coat

6 comments:

  1. She´s lovely and it´s true TIME FLIES!!!, tell me, I was thinking about my baby Maialen....and she´s now 26...enjoy her!!!, she looks great and active.
    Love
    Marialuisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Marialuisa! She's definitely active and keeps her mama very busy!

      Delete
  2. She is just too much cuteness in one place!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... this post is so wonderful. It's amazing to see how much she's changed in 10 months. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tricia! She really has changed so much since she was an itty bitty newborn!

      Delete